URUGUAY begin their 2022 Qatar World Cup journey with a tough test against Asian giants South Korea TODAY.
La Celeste were unfortunate to come up against the eventual winners France at the 2018 World Cup quarter-finals stage.
Luis Suarez failed to guide Uruguay past 2018 World Cup winners France[/caption]
Son Heung-min’s 2018 strike against Germany wasn’t enough to send South Korea through[/caption]
Goals from Raphael Varane and Antoine Griezmann was enough to send the Urguyan’s home early following a hard fought campaign.
However, Diego Alonso will be hoping that the French defeat can give his side that fire in their belly this time round – especially all-time top goal scorer Luis Suarez whose club future is up in the air.
But first, Uruguay have to navigate Son Heung-min and co who are determined to make it out of the group stages for the first time since 2010.
What time does Uruguay vs South Korea kick off?
- Uruguay are all set to take go up against South Korea on Thursday, November 24.
- It is scheduled to kick off at 1pm UK time – 3pm local time.
- Education City Stadium in Al Rayyan, Qatar is the designated arena for this encounter and it can host around 45,350 fans.
- South Korea scraped a 2-1 win when the sides last met in an 2018 friendly but haven’t won any of the other seven games before that.
Read More on World Cup
What TV channel is Uruguay vs South Korea on and can it be live streamed?
- Uruguay vs South Korea will be broadcasted LIVE on BBC One in the UK.
- Viewers also have the option to stream the entire action live via the BBC Sport website or BBC iPlayer app.
- The BBC iPlayer app is available to download onto your mobile or preferred tablet device.
Most read in Football
Can I watch Uruguay vs South Korea for FREE?
Yes! Uruguay’s opening World Cup clash with South Korea is available to watch for FREE in the UK so long as you have a valid TV license.