A MUM made a major mistake trying to protect her manicure when washing the dog.

Sally McGlynn was forced to bleach her hand after a “dodgy” leather glove dyed her skin black.

Kennedy News

Sally McGlynn was forced to bleach her hand after it was dyed black[/caption]

Kennedy News

Sally’s hand was left black from a leather glove[/caption]

Kennedy News

The colouring of the glove soaked through to her hand[/caption]

After taking her labradoodle pup for a walk on Sunday, the 38-year-old decided to blast away all the mud.

It wasn’t until she got the dryer out and took the gloves off, she noticed the state of her hand.

In a desperate bid to shift the dark dye, Sally used a concoction of washing-up liquid and bleach.

The mum-of-two then aggressively scrubbed her skin with a kitchen scourer for 15 minutes.

Sally, from Telford, Shropshire, said: “I ripped one glove off with my teeth and mum took the other one off.

“It welcomed us with this beautiful, blackest of black hands that you’ve ever seen.

“I thought my mum was going to have a heart attack, she couldn’t even stand up, she was laughing so much.

“We couldn’t finish the dog properly because we were both in fits of laughter, I don’t know how we didn’t wee ourselves.

“When I saw my hand, my first thought was ‘oh my god, what have I done? How on earth am I going to be able to work with a black hand? What on earth are people going to think?’

“I’d have just had to have a piece of paper that said ‘Sally’s absolutely fine, she hasn’t got any kind of condition, it was just a dodgy black glove’.”

In the hope of returning her hand to its normal colour, the hair and beauty business owner took to Facebook asking for help.

She said: “Quite a few of the comments thought I’d got frostbite, another lady said it looked like gout when it goes black.

“I still can’t believe I did it.

“I’ve certainly learned my lesson. Note to self, don’t wear leather gloves when washing Max again.”

Leave a Reply