Mon. Sep 26th, 2022
EDDIE HEARN fears Tyson Fury will face Manuel Charr next – despite Anthony Joshua fight talks “moving in the right direction”.

AJ has had a contract to challenge for Fury’s WBC title on December 3 at Cardiff since last Friday.

PA

Promoter Eddie Hearn with Anthony Joshua[/caption]

But his promoter Hearn revealed some parts of the deal where “all over the place” leading to revisions and further negotiations.

Fury, 34, has been getting itchy knuckles which comes as Lebanese-born German Charr, 37, claims to be fighting the Gypsy King instead of AJ.

Hearn is now left with the “gut feeling” that Joshua, 32, will miss out on the Battle of Britain bout as a result.

He told iFL TV: “I think Tyson Fury’s fighting Manuel Charr, in all honesty. Like the more I think about it, the more I see stuff.

READ MORE IN BOXING

SCHMIDT HAPPENS

Joshua hugs ‘world’s sexiest athlete’ Alica Schmidt and Naomi Campbell

BOXING BONUS

Joe Joyce vs Joseph Parker: The 17 best free bets, bonuses and sign-up offers

“We’ve all agreed to work hard on the contracts. Listen, we got the contract last Friday or Saturday and it was all over the place.

“Since then we’ve had talks as recently as yesterday getting it in the right place and just by his message, I dunno.

“I think they want us to run out of time a little bit and we’re not just going to sign a contract that isn’t in its correct format.”

Hearn added that the financial split – of 64/40 in Fury’s favour – is agreed but broadcasters are yet to come together.


FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS

A deal to share a joint pay-per-view between BT Sport and streaming service would need to be brokered.

Hearn has been leading talks with Frank Warren’s son George and revealed they have been on the right track.

He said: “We’re still moving forward hoping that fight gets done. Ourselves and Queensberry, it’s been good.

“They’ve done nothing wrong, we’ve done nothing wrong.

“We got a contract that we didn’t believe was in the right spirit of the deal and they almost accepted that and made changes.

“So, we’re moving in the right direction.”

Joshua was offered a shock fight with Fury despite twice losing to Oleksandr Usyk, 35, on the bounce.

But the Ukrainian ruled himself out of a unification until next year to rest and recover with loved ones having returned back to war-torn home.

Read More on The Sun

PUB GRUB

I work in Wetherspoons and here are the pub’s secrets… including ‘frozen’ fry ups

NAME SHAME

I accidentally named my twins after TV characters – I’m so embarrassed

Fury hit out at the Usyk and Joshua labelling them a “pair of s***house sausages” for refusing to fight him.

And it left Hearn saying: “My gut feeling is Tyson Fury is getting ready to fight Manuel Charr… but I hope I’m wrong.”

Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua are still in talks to fight
Getty
Getty – Contributor

Manuel Charr claims to be fighting Tyson Fury on December 3[/caption]

Leave a Reply